Friday, June 3, 2011

Sparkle explosion nail tutorial + quick fix for feet

Instead of studying for my Math exam, I decided to make a quick nail tutorial. This is really easy and you probably have everything to make this tutorial already.

Now as your first step apply base coat (optional) and polish your nails with your favourite nail polish. Make it completely opaque, as you will be able to see the streaks.

explosiontut1

After that use a darker tone to draw random lines along the edges of your nails like this.

explosiontut2

Now I added a dark blue tone to give it some more dimension, you can omit this if you want to.

explosiontut3

And then I used a silver sparkle nail polish. This may be your last step.

explosiontut4

But I wanted to make it a bit more special, so I glued rhinestones on my nails. Adding rhinestones certainly doesn’t lengthen the longevity of this manicure, as they come off pretty easily and rip off nail polish under it. I used Depend Nail Glue and after 24 hours 3 rhinestones were missing. Try to add rhinestones after you have washed your hair, because that rips the stones off.

And this picture was taken after using Essie Fastest Drying Top Coat. Super shiny!!

explosiontut7.1

And the products I used

explosiontutproducts

This is so easy that you will have a hard time to screw up your dominant hand. I’m strongly right-handed and my left hand was pretty decent.

And now for the feet.

My feet were in a really bad state- tired, dry, covered in blisters( yes, I wore my Nazi shoes again). So they really needed a quick pick-me-up.

I did a foot soak with sea salt and added a bit of olive oil. I soaked my feet for a couple of minutes, used a pumice stone to remove some harder skin. Soaked my feet for another couple of minutes and just dried them off. No need to add any cream, just pop on a pair of cotton socks and if you can, sleep with your socks on.

This made my weary feet pretty amazing, just give it a try and tell me what you think.

With love,

Janne.

No comments:

Post a Comment