Wednesday, June 15, 2011

10 Favourite drugstore beauty products

I was tagged by Kätlin (her blog is in Estonian) a week ago and finally I have made a verdict. So here are my top 10 beauty products (not just make up products).

Aaaaaaand drumroll, please.

maxfactormasterpiece

#1 Any Max Factor mascara.

I love pretty much every mascara I have ever tried from Max Factor. I mean, I could be their mascara spokes person or whatever. I have tried 2000 Calorie, 2000 Calorie Dramatic Effect, Masterpiece, Masterpiece Max, Beyond Length(not the best one out there), False Lash Effect, Lash Extension Effect (not a fan) and last but not least False Lash Effect Fusion. Currently I am using the one on the picture- Masterpiece Max and I am very satisfied with it.

 

beyu_blusher_13753_1

#2 BeYu Blusher in 115

I adore this mauve-y/rosy colour which has pretty intensive colour so it’s easy to make yourself look like a clown. Lasts quite well and did I mention that I love the colour??? Those who have read my blog and seen my YT videos might know that this is my ultimate go-to blush. One might even assume that this is my only blush, but no. It’s just a great one. You should go and swatch it one day.

Ok. I should stop being this annoying.. Let’s move on!

11046-2

#3 The Body Shop Blusher in 04 Golden Pink

Here it is next to THE Nars Orgasm. Pretty similar, eh? This blush is considered to be dupes for Nars Orgasm or Deep Throat. TBS one is on the right in the round pot and the photo is not mine sadly enough. I use this blush when the days get sunny and pretty so that the golden particles in it make my face gorgeous. Wouldn’t use it in the Estonian dark and ugly winters as it doesn’t suit indoors on pale skin on a grey school day in my opinion. So this is my summer blusher.

529-4514530IEUC888001M

#4 Rimmel London blush in 016 Misty Rose

Now this blush isn’t exactly packed with pigments, but thanks to that it gives a perfect radiance to your skin. Just a nice peachy sheen on your cheeks. Perfect for a clean everyday summer look.

 

 

 

148385_l

#5 L’oreal Paris  Quad Pro in 303 Beige Taupe

This is the most used eye shadow palette that I own. I used it for weeks straight after I had bought it. Even though I rarely use the upper peachy colour, I love this. I think this might be one of those rare eye shadows with which I might even hit the pan, especially the middle one.

 

 

file_11_28

#6 E. Funkhouser Brow Defining Palette in Brunette

I discovered that this is actually a discontinued product they sell on an Estonian online store MYLOOK for 3,20 Euros. You can’t even get 2 Fazer 200g chocolate bars for that money, but you will get 3 amazing colours which you may use for your brows or eyes. Long-lasting, the lightest colour is actually shimmery and very pretty. I have gotten a lot of compliments when I have worn this on my eyebrows. The brush is completely useful as well.

41Zr01XUDEL[1]

#7 Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in 422 Coral Tonic

Hello, gorgeous! This is a great coral color, I have olive skin and blue eyes so it is PERFECT! Sadly it doesn’t last nearly as long as I would like it to last, but what ya gonna do?? I imagine that this colour might not suit everyone so be aware.

 

 

 

5033-5539-large

#8 Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Balm

I really don’t wear lipsticks on a daily basis, as a matter a fact it has to be a pretty special occasion for me to wear lipsticks.. So I wear lip balms and this one is a great one if your lips are rather damaged. The smell was a bit quirky at first but I have gotten used to it and some have described it as a pleasant smell.

 

047207

#9 Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion

Now this may seem as a very strong and harmful to your face (*coughs* like Clean & Clear Blackhead Cleaning Toner *coughs*). But this is pretty good. Doesn’t contain any parabenes, doesn’t have a very alcohol-y smell. But what I absolutely adore about this product is that it really gets the gunk of my skin, I mean I think “Oh yeah, my skin must be friggin clean now” and then I use this and the cotton pad will be really dirty. I have really noticed my skin improve with this.

 

 

380_NSU_Deep_Tan_Carotene_Sun_Lotion_200ml_pack1_png.ashx

#10 Nivea Sun Carotene Sun Lotion SPF6

I know that spf6 might seem little for some of you, but I apply it pretty often and as I am olive skinned, I don’t burn very easily as well (I do realize that I should be using one with bigger spf right now if I don’t want to look like the sole of a boot 10 years later). I have converted Andra into using this. Well I didn’t have to convert Andra, she just tried it once and had to buy it as well. This makes my skin achieve the darkest shade possible fastest. Doesn’t smell like coconuts, fruit or any other sun cream. Smells kind of manly to be honest. leaves your skin very soft and moisturised (extremely important when it comes to frying yourself in the warm sunlight).

 

And this is it, hope I was helpful.

And I will tag my co-blogger Andra. Show me what you’ve got!

With love,

Janne xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment