Saturday, June 18, 2011

10 Favourite drugstore beauty products

Well.. I was tagged by Janne and as I don’t want to be rude.. here’s my favourites.

1. Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm

spd_20100613110004_b

I don’t know if this product actually fits here, but what the hell. This is my post, not yours.
Well.. I don’t own this product atm, but I had this lip balm about two years ago. I got this for Christmas and my dad bought it from some random store in a small village. (yes, my dad is a Santa Claus)
And now.. I see Himalaya Herbals skincare products on the counters all the time. They have a lot of different products (I own a skin cream), they’re quite affordable and I can only speak for the lip balm and the moisturiser, but both of them are GREAT.
The lip balm has an amazing scent, it’s extremely moisturising and makes your lips very soft. The only downside is that it feels so great on your lips that you have to re-apply it all the time.
(Luckily Janne informed me that Kaubamaja Ilumaailm sells that, so I will check that out and buy myself at least 2-3 tubes, ha)

2. The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Lip Balm

413H7E2qEPL

It’s from their Christmas collection or smth I think (I’m not sure, though)
Oh those The Body Shop scents. IT SMELLS SO GOOD. I guess I forced everybody to sniff it at some point. haha
Anyway, it has this very light pink tone and little shimmer in it. Because of the sweet taste and scent it always have to be near me. It makes my lips very soft and moisturises them.
But definitely it’s not a good product when your lips are chapped or damaged. Other than that, it’s amazing!

 

 

3. The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask

tea-tree-face-mask_l

I have used this mask for almost 6 months now. And I really like this product. It makes my skin very clean and leaves it fresh and cool. At first it really made my skin look better and everything. Later it probably didn’t work that well anymore because of the stress, but I hope it soon starts doing wonders again.
The scent isn’t actually that great. Because well.. it still is a tea tree mask not somekind of fruit-bomb-mask.

 

4. Manhattan Eyeshadow Base

Eyeshadow-Base-Manhattan

Now this is the only eyeshadow base I have ever used, but I’m pretty satisfied with it.
The texture is very creamy and maybe even a bit silky. And it really is long lasting as said on the package. A nice night out and my eyeshadow stays on perfectly.
It has this really weird and unpleasant scent though. But it is totally worth the price.

 

5. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rimmel stay matte powder

“Up to 5 hours natural shine control with natural minerals.”
I have to agree. But not more than 5 hours.. which is okay considering the price. And I have to be honest, it’s the only powder that my skin actually likes so far and I have repurchased it so many times that I have lost the track.
Great powder, great price.

 

 

6. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 086 Sugar Plum

rimmel-lasting-finish-lipstick-in-sugar-plum-703828908

Oh my god, I’m a complete sucker when it comes to fuschias. But this one is my complete favourite. It’s such a pretty colour.
Now.. about the lipstick. It really stays on quite the long time. It soaks into your lips and you may have the feeling that you need to add an extra coat, but actually the colour is still there. It’s kind of matte so your lips have to be in a really good condition. Oh, and the scent! It has this amazing very sweet but not fruity scent. Oh how I love this lipstick.

7. MaxFactor Masterpiece mascara

570

Best. Mascara. Ever. I have already talked about this product, but oh well. It really is great. And it really is High Definition Mascara.. as said on the package. It defines you lashes, adds volume and length, very buildable also. I use the waterproof one and well.. obviously the lasting is amazing.

 

 

 

 

8. Artdeco Camoflage Cream

IMAG0185

As my good friend Liis once said: “It is excellent! Really hides everything you need to hide. All dark and uneven spots will be gone! Costs almost 6€ and is so worth it.”
It really is an amazing product. I guess I bought mine in autumn 2009 and I still have most of it left. So it is REALLY worth the price.

 

9. MaxFactor Xperience Weightless Foundation

max-factor-xperience-weightless-foundation_250x250

Another great product by MaxFactor. It really is weightless, but it also has quite nice coverage, not full coverage, but hey.. hence the name weightless.
SPF 10, lasting is excellent and what can I say. It’s Maxfactor.. I haven’t had any disappointments with them. HUGE thumbs up!

 

 

 

 

10. L’oréal Paris Volume Million Lashes

l-oreal-volume-million-lashes-mascara

I’ve had it three times.. the third one is the “extra-black” version and is still usable. So I thought that it must be a really good mascara since they don’t make it in waterproof (and this is usually my preference) and it probably deserves a place here too.
It’s the only mascara with a huge brush I actually have liked so far. It really makes your lashes look great, long and volumnious.
Basically the only downside is that they don’t make it in waterproof. *sadface*

 

So these were my favourites. I’ll tag Liis, hahah. Oh the fun. So you probably will see another favourites post. Try to bear with us.

Enjoy your weekend,

Andra

No comments:

Post a Comment