Monday, June 6, 2011

Hunt for iPanemas

Yesterday I discovered that my flip flops were falling apart, which was a true horror, as I really loved them.

Last year I was looking for summer shoes that would:

  • stay on my feet. So that I can run and walk like a normal person.
  • not make my feet sweat and smell. Me and my mom have that problem, we can’t wear shoes out of faux leather, otherwise our feet will smell like we haven’t washed for a week. Oh, the horror and the embarrassment!
  • look good (or OK at least)
  • be comfortable. I hate that clotheslines make their own shoes that are really bad quality and don’t fit at all with your feet. It’s like shoes that aren’t made to fit your feet??? It doesn’t make any sense! So I needed to buy something that would anatomically fit.

Yes, I am pretty darn picky at some things. But luckily I found shoes that would satisfy all of the criteria above.

I present to you iPanema flipflops. I purchased this model last year.

parade-black_1

You can even wear these when you are swimming!

I wasn’t exactly psyched with the design but fell in love with them after the first day. No blisters, no rubbing between toes. The silicone(?) out of which the fastenings are made out of is really soft and flexible.

I think I have made myself clear, why I desperately needed a new pair!

I surfed the net to find whether they have a list that shows where iPanema flip flops are sold,but they didn’t have such information on their UK homepage, but they did have a great deal. Order over 25 Pounds and voila you have free shipping worldwide. If you don’t exceed the 25 Pound limit, you will have to pay 3 Pounds for shipping which is pretty cheap i my opinion. They have some items on sale online so you may be able to get 2 pairs of flip flops and free shipping for 25 Pounds. Of course this may be a bit of late notice, as they would arrive to destination after 3-4 weeks or so.

To check them out click HERE.

And while checking out their stuff, I came across a pair of flip flops that were designed by a designer of Estonian origin, who has an über-popular sporting clothesline in Rio de Janeiro. His clothesline is called Oskler.

And here they are iPanema flip flops by Oskar Metsavaht.

rj1

They are unisex so if you want to, you and your bf can wear the same flip flops : D

I found my pair of iPanemas from Spantal sport in Pärnu Kaubamajakas.

They were 23 Euros.

large_01c89afb-e5c6-4e88-80e5-f99b535989f9

Pretty identical to the ones I had before but I don’t care. They didn’t really have a great choice of sandals there. There were some that were designed by Gisele Bundchen that were quite cool.

So for people who might want to purchase these amazing flip flops online I’m just gonna say for size comparison that I usually wear European size 39 footwear for summer, 40 for sneakers, winter footwear and such. The pair I purchased last year were size 39 and my toes were pretty near to the edge so they should have been a size up but they were sold out. This year I got my hands on size 40 and they are great.

I just might add that I was not fond of paying 23 Euros on a pair of flip flops. Heck, you could get a pair for just 2 Eur. But I mean these are well worth the money.

Hope I could help.

Love,

Janne,

No comments:

Post a Comment