Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nail polish rave again

Long time, no see.
About a week ago.. no wait. Two weeks ago I treated myself with a punch of  new nail polishes. (which is also a reason why I’m completely broke atm)
And now I finally have some time to blog about them. So here they are:

kuuned1

1. China Glaze Cosmic
2. MIYO Grape
3. China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise (Neon)
4. Essie Huckle Buckle
5. Essie Good to Go! – The fastest drying top coat

And now let’s take a closer look what I actually bought.

China Glaze Cosmic is a gorgeous black nail polish with different sizes of silver and hologram glitter. I’m a complete sucker for black/grey/dark/etc glitter nail polishes. And this one would definitely be one of my favourites. BUT there are some issues with that polish. Okay, I can handle the fact that it needs about three layers to become completely opaque only because it dries extremely fast.. like seriously fast. But even with a top coat it starts to chip after about hmm.. 2 or 3 hours. I mean WHAT THE HELL? Three coats, which should be quite normal for a nail polish, and no lasting whatsoever? It makes me REALLY sad. Even though I’m not giving up on it yet, I’m very dissappointed.
Bought it from Beauty Pro and it was around 3,5 €.

kuuned3

 


MIYO Grape is a creamy greenish turquoise colour. I don’t know.. apparently I’m not that good at describing colours. Anyway, MIYO has very interesting products. Mainly because the colour range is amazing. Lots of  bright colours, eyeshadows are extremely pigmented. I don’t know if the powders and foundations are as great as the nail polishes and eyeshadows, but they look promising. And I also love the packaging – simple but classy, even though they are drugstore. Also very affordable.
Now finally about the nail polish. I love it! 2 or 3 coats, no top coat and lasting is about 4-5 days.
Bought it from Rosalind and it was around 2,6 €.

kuuned5

 

China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise (Neon) is obviously a neon turquoise nail polish. It’s from their Summer 2008 Ink Collection. The colour is actually very variable. It can change from greenish to blueish, dependig of the light. Even though people doesn’t seem to like that it has a matte finish, I love it. What leads to another problem. As it also has that ‘chipping problem’, it definitely needs a top coat. Which means that no matte finish. *sadface*
In my opinion it needs at least 3 coats to become opaque and that is a lot if we consider the fact that after two days (if you’re lucky) you probably need to do your manicure again. But I love the colour so it’s a keeper.
Also from Beauty Pro and around 3,5 €.

kuuned4

 

Essie Huckle Buckle is quite sheer lilac colour. It looked so different from all the other polishes I own that I just had to buy it. And I’m really happy I did. I’m not very tanned atm, but I believe it will look just amazing with a tan. With 3 coats it looks really pretty and with a top coat it would probably last a good week or so.
Also from Beauty Pro and it was maybe around 3,7 €.

kuuned2
Sun steals the actual colur.

 

Essie Good to Go! – The fastest drying top coat seems to be a great top coat. It gives a great high shine finish and dries indeed very quickly. But I’m not sure how I feel about this top coat. I mean it seems to give a great finish, but after few days my mańicure starts to peel off. I still have to find out what’s the problem.
Bought it from Beauty Pro and it was around 3 €.

kuuned6

 

So that was my little nail polish haul. Summer is coming and we need to add new polishes to our collections. What are your favourite colours for the summer?

And last but not least I’d like to thank Janne who has been a fabulous toe model. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment