Sunday, September 11, 2011

Review: theBalm timeBalm anti-wrinkle concealer

 

timeBalmconcealer

Firstly, I purchased this product because Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog had raved about this. I mean, I have pretty darn vicious dark circles under my eyes and when I saw it being her Holy Grail concealer I was sold.

But alas! the concealer failed to stay put. So after having fiddled with it for weeks I discovered how to make it last by a lucky accident.

Click read more to read the full review and some blabbering.

And the trick is: I apply foundation, powder and then concealer. Somehow the powder makes the concealer to adhere better and after applying the concealer I set it once more with a very light touch. And you do have to restrain yourself not to over-apply, otherwise your under eyes will turn out cakey.

Ok, so about the product. It is:

  • pretty heavily pigmented
  • very creamy and smooth
  • not very long-lasting

Packaging sort of sucks because I find it best to apply it with fingers. And pot + fingers= lot’s of “goody-goody” bacteria.

Time to hand out the points for this one.

Finish: 4,7/5

Consistency: 4,5/5

Longevity: 4/5

Packaging: 3,5/5

Final: 4,2/5

So why I deducted points- the finish is nearly perfect, consistency is a bit too creamy, it is not exactly the most long-lasting product but still rather good and the packaging is a bacteria breeding ground.

I bought it from I.L.U 16,90 Euro (-5% with Partnerkaart)

And now for the blabbering.

I really want to post more stuff- FOTD-s, reviews, hauls, everything. But I still don’t have a camera. I just found these pictures on my computer and felt like it was time to post it. Maybe, just maybe I will be lucky enough to own a camera by the end of this month. There really is a part of my life that’s missing and I was just getting excited about improving myself and this blog.

I guess that’s pretty much it. I really hope to write to you soon.

With love,

Janne.

No comments:

Post a Comment