Thursday, August 11, 2011

Newspaper nails

newspapernails

So I tried to do newspaper nails a couple of days ago and this is my result.

And here’s what I used:

  • Sally Hansen nailgrowth miracle as base and top coat
  • Maybelline Mini Colorama nail polish in Peach Pie
  • pieces of newspaper where the printed text was closer together. (Glossy magazines will not do the trick)
  • vodka
  • a small cup or bowl to dip your finger in. A shot glass will be very good.

What you need to do:

  1. Cover nails with base coat, apply light nail polish that isn’t shimmery, iridescent, or glittery until it reaches the opaqueness you desire. As you can see my nail polish wasn’t completely opaque but I tried to make it opaque, 3 layers of nail polish is on the above pictures.
  2. Pour some vodka into the shot glass and dip your finger in it. Make sure the nail is completely covered in it and place a small piece on newspaper onto your nail. Press the newspaper on your nail, apply pressure and make sure the newspaper does not shift as it will ruin the text. Remove newspaper piece from nail.
  3. Wait until nails have dried off, the alcohol will evaporate by itself after some time. Cover with top coat.
  4. Enjoy!

I quite liked them, very simple to make and you don’t have to buy a lot of stuff to make it. I had everything I needed at home already.

And the best part- it’s not a pain to remove. Usually if I want to do something special on my nails, I use some nail stickers or glittery polish and I always feel like I’m doing a great deal of damage on my nails when I remove them...

And a sad side note.. I had to give the camera I was using back to my mothers boss. So I don’t have a decent camera right now, sucks. So I don’t know what will become of my blogging as no one wants low-quality pictures or posts without pictures and no videos as well.

Take care.

With love,

Janne.

No comments:

Post a Comment