Monday, September 10, 2012

Summer empties

Another long delayed blog post. I’ve actually collected material to post about but I just haven’t come to posting it. Just feel like a sucker about neglecting this place for such a long time, but I guess that’s just how I am currently.

DSCF4696-crop

So, here’s most of the stuff I want to talk about, but just let me break down the products.

DSCF4698-crop

Framesi Morphosis De-Stress Shampoo for sensitive scalp

I used it for about 2 months before I ran out, didn’t repurchase as it seemed to be working wonders at first but then it just didn’t.. Smells herbal and funky, makes hair squeaky clean but it didn’t really suit for me. But then again, what shampoo does?? Seriously nothing, nothing does. I think I will have to try Klorane and Pytho some day, I’ve heard some great things about both brands.

Availiable at I.L.U shops in Estonia, costs around 11 Euros.

 

DSCF4700-crop

Rich Pure Luxury Intense Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner

I actually did a whole review of the range here! Well, as with the Framesi shampoo, I love-love-loooved the shampoo at first. Man, I love the smell, it made my hair so shiny just by itself and was great even with oily hair! Now the conditioner is fine as well—smells nice and makes my hair softer and sleeker. Not really an amazing product, now that I’ve tried out their Intense Moisture Treatment I’ve found a more intensive conditioner for my long and thick locks.

Available in Salon+ shops in Estonia, forgot the price of the 700ml ones, took a while to use them up!

 

Sally-Hansen-nail-polish-remover-blue

Sally Hansen Moisturizing Nail Polish Remover

Now, the Sally Hansen nail polish removers are my favourite! I have not tried any real expensive ones, but I just love these! Acetone free, acceptable smell, doesn’t strip my nails of moisture and removes nail polish fast. What more can you ask of a nail polish remover? I do admit that it is a bit pricier than the really cheap ones, but you get a lot of product as well and if they are on sale, you can get a 236ml bottle for around 2-3 Euros. Available at Selver, Rimi and lots of other places in Estonia.

Himalaya-cocoa-butter-lotion-crop

Himalaya Cocoa Butter Intense Moisturizer

I have mixed feelings about Himalaya products—they like to advertise themselves as a very natural product, yet the products are actually full of parabens. I got the lotion for 2,50 Euros from Selver when it was on sale and wasn’t really expecting too much. It moisturized rather well and smells pretty nice as well. The cocoa smell was overwhelming for me from time to time, yet my brother quite liked it. If I didn’t have really dry skin and I really loved the smell, I would repurchase, because there’s not that much to complain about.

 

 

 

sebamed-moisturizing-cream

Sebamed Moisturizing Cream

I purchased it when I was really-really broke and was desperately looking for a safe facial cream to use for day and night. And luckily it did do the trick. It’s a nice cream to use when you are having a breakout, as it is just so basic and you really cannot go wrong with it. No special smell. I would repurchase if I were in the same situation I was before.

palmolive&rich-leave-in

Palmolive Ayurituel Tranquillity Shower Gel

I was a bit hesitant about buying this one at first as Palmolive shower gels have been pretty darn drying for me in the past. This one however was not, so it was really nice. The smell was herbal and refreshing for summer.

Available at your local supermarket most probably

 



Rich Pure Luxury Leave In Conditioner

Took me about a year to use it up! I mainly used it before blow-drying my hair and well, I try to blow-dry my hair as rarely as possible and well, I’m pretty good at it. Made my hair softer, shinier, sleeker. I cannot really comment about the heat protecting abilities of this one, but it’s supposed to help protect your hair from UV as well. I think I would repurchase this if I used more styling tools, I quite liked it.

Available at Salon+ and I.L.U in Estonia, costs around 11 Euros, I think.

All in all, I think there was nothing special about these products. They mainly did their jobs well, but nothing miraculous and I’ve already replaced most of them with better ones. The one that really stood up from the bunch were the three Rich Pure Luxury products and Sally Hansen’s nail polish remover.

Hope it was helpful!

Love,

Janne.

No comments:

Post a Comment