Thursday, September 20, 2012

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish

I won 4  L'Oreal new nail polishes during the summer and I guess it’s time to tell you how I felt about them. I should tell you in advance that I usually wear nudes, classic reds or murky colours, but I just wanted to test these and give you an overall review.

l'oreal-nail-polish1

207 Babydoll

Babydoll is a pearlescent baby pink. Not really a colour I’d wear normally,m which is why I used it on my toes. Someone commented that my toes were “glowing”, which was a bit weird.

l'oreal-nailpolish2

303 Lush Tangerine

Lush Tangerine is a really bright orange. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did, the quirky brightness really grew on me!

l'oreal-nailpolish3

213 Sassy Pink

Sassy Pink is a bright fuchsia. Again, I was not sold on this, nor am I now, but it seemed a bit more complex to me than the usual fuchsia, having a little more blue in it.

l'oreal-nailpolish4

205 Rose Bagatelle

Rose Bagatelle, a nude dusty pink, was right up my alley. Perfect for work without being overly boring.

Overview

I think that the new L'Oreal polishes are pretty nice – they have a great variety of colours, quite nice to apply. Most are opaque in 2 layers and they wear around 3 days without chipping, which is quite usual on me. The only downside I see is that they cost quite a bit for the amount you get. The bottles contain 5ml of product, which is great for a shade you think you won’t wear every day, but I suggest you finding another brand for your ultimate favourite polish if you mind buying a new bottle every 6-7 applications or so.

With love,

Janne

2 comments:

  1. Rose Bagatelle looks close in colour to one of the new MAC nail polishes coming out with the Glamour Daze collection. It's very pretty, and right up my alley for nail polish colours this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty incompetent when it comes to dupes and MAC products, but I hope the value for money is better for those and the colour is certainly top notch for fall!

      Delete