Sunday, May 6, 2012

April favourites and bummers

Hey guys!

Here’s a little preview of what you are up for.

DSCF3771-crop

I’ll start off with the things I loved in April.

SUQQU Repair Essence

DSCF3787

This is a brilliant serum for special occasions. I use it when I have really bad skin—like some acne scarring or if blowing my nose has made it all sore. Apply it before night and in the morning you will definitely see a huge difference. Truly a miracle worker!

Now, this isn’t really a very moisturizing product so some people might feel like it’s far too light for your face, use it before your regular moisturizer.

 

 

 

 

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

DSCF3804

I decided to buy this since a lot of beauty bloggers really like it. And I am no different to them since it makes nail polish dry faster and increases its longevity. It also makes the nail polish very shiny.

Although there is a lot of concern over the fact that this top coat has quite toxic ingredients, I didn’t hesitate to buy it since I always polish my nails in a well ventilated area.

 

 

Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation

DSCF3785-crop

I wrote a review about this product a while back and since then I’ve fallen even more in love with it. It’s just a near-perfect combination of longevity, good coverage and great finish. I mean I don’t have to even use powder and it really lasts all day even in a stressful situation (such as a first day at work as a waitress). Though I would maybe opt for a sheerer and foundation for the upcoming summer, I do really recommend this.

 

 

 

 

 

Versace Versense

DSCF3793-crop

My mother bought me this for birthday last December and I still adore it. I started to use this on special occasion, since I don’t want to smother myself in perfume every day and usually just smell like washing detergent. This way I keep my love for a perfume and don’t get tired of it with 2 months like I have before.

It’s a really fresh flowery perfume, just like I like all of my perfumes. Quite citrusy even at first and lasts for a long time. Another perk is that it is quite intense so just a drop will be more than enough.

Rexona Linen Dry Ultra Dry Anti-perspirant VS Fa Sport Double Power 72h

DSCF3789-crop

I bought the Fa anti-perspirant since it was on sale and I just thought I’d give it a try even though I’ve never had a good experience with Fa deodorants. They just don’t work on me. I do understand that I perspire quite heavily compared to other people, but I at least expect that I wouldn’t start smelling like sweat in a fitness class with 40 other people in it!

So after that terrible incident I turned to Rexona, since it was on sale as well. And luckily it works quite well. I mean I cannot say it stops me from perspiring completely, but the light and pleasant creamy smell keeps me from wanting to cry due to obnoxious body odour.

My current shampoos- Rich Pure Luxury and Goldwell Kerasilk Shampoo

DSCF3783-crop

I have stopped sharing my love for these. I was really psyched about the Rich shampoo last year but now my scalp has started to reject its moisturising properties and everything else it contains. I do say, it really sucks to have a scalp this sensitive. It’s the same with the Goldwell Kerasilk shampoo-- love at first sight, but once my scalp got to know it properly, it decided to not like it anymore.

Anyhow, I’m on a hunt for a new shampoo and am currently thinking about trying out Frames, I really hope they have samples in the local department store, I don’t want to waste another 10 Euros for something I cannot use…

Hope this helps!

Love,

Janne.

No comments:

Post a Comment