Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hours Foundation review

Firstly, why I bought it- I really needed a foundation, this was cheap,moisturizing, long-lasting was a plus, so was the Mineral Complex. It also claims to have a primer in it.
Secondly, what it claims to do- Naturally flawless looking, hydrating and lightweight feel. Sweat, heat and humidity proof for up to 25 hours. Transfer resistant( this means that it shouldn't leave marks on your clothes). Enriched with a revitalising mineral complex and moisturizing Aqua Primer. Skin feels energized and hydrated all day.
What it really does-Pros: OK it does last long, all day as a matter a fact. Doesn't dry skin, doesn't look masky. It does have a fairly good coverage, not super concealing, but I was satisfied. Cons: Does leave marks on clothes, I mean what foundation doesn't? I was expecting a dewy finish, but instead got shiny. This foundation is impossible to wear without powder to make it a bit more matte. I guess that's the energized glow and moisturizing properties- your face actually looks oily. The third con is the packaging. I mean wtf? I know that this foundation is super cheap, but I have seen even cheaper products with better dispensers. Hand lotions can have dispensers like this, not foundation. It's hard to control the amount of product you dispense and if you are not careful, there can be foundation like all over the place. And there's a different package for it on the Rimmel homepage.

Coverage 4,5 points out of 5
Packaging 2/5
Look 3,2/5
Resistance 4,7/5
Overall 3,6p out of 5.

Verdict- It's an OK foundation for the price and didn't make me break out, but there's so much to improve. The packaging is no where near satisfactory. All I have to say really is that it's OK, nothing more..

No comments:

Post a Comment