Wednesday, November 14, 2012

First days in London

Hey y’all!

So, as it turns out, I moved to London on 2nd November and I guess I’m going to share some amazingness with you guys.

Let’s start from the beginning… After the heartfelt goodbyes at the airport, it was time to step on the plane. I had never flown with a plane before and really didn’t know what to expect. So as the plane took off I felt as if I had no control over my body, I was really nauseous as well, so I couldn’t say it was a very enjoyable experience. Same thing with landing, it’s like you’re in an elevator that’s going 50 floors in 4 seconds or something like that…

After landing I took a coach to London, everything went smoother than expected and I even had time to kill before I could meet my friend who offered me accommodation until I found my own place. Since I got of at Marble Arch, a huge Primark was just around the corner and well.. that’s where I spent most of my free time that night. Then I met my friend and took 2 buses to get to her place, the route went by Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abbey and I could also see the London Eye.

Next day we had a nice day out- lots of sightseeing and such.

We started by going to the Tower Bridge.

DSCF5035

Then next up was the Tower itself.

DSCF5046-crop

Trafalgar Square in daylight. Of course I had to climb up next to the lion.

DSCF5049

trafalgar square

Couple hours fast forward..

DSCF5060

Well, I guess you cannot see much, but use your imagination and know that that is the dome of St. Pauls Cathedral in lights.

That was pretty much it for the first day. The next day we went shopping (I didn’t buy anything) and also to the National History Museum which was awesome! I really want to go back some day when I have more time on my hands. Then came Monday, I guess… I started looking for my own place and a job, so I stayed at Starbucks for hours. Found my place but I haven’t found a job just yet.

Anyway, those were my first few days in London and I guess I’ll keep you posted.

With love,

Janne

No comments:

Post a Comment